- Submit to the "Arctic Challenge"
Arctic Challenge rules
- 1 point for each different entity
- 1 point for each different - 1 point for each different island (ex : Spitsbergen
- 1 point for each different polar institute headquarter (ex :
- 1 point for each different polar ship.
For example : JW0HU counts for Hornsund Station + Spitsbergen Island + Poland
= 3 points (See also the
application form example
There is no minimum requirement to appear on the Arctic Challenge, all bands
and modes between 10 and 160 m are available.
must be in the applicant's possession, original
may be requested by the Arctic Challenge manager in case of
The application form has to be sent to :
Score (the sum of the points obtained) will be published after verification
on this page :
1-To be valid an entity must be :
-A settlement (base, refuge, community) north of 60°00N in the Arctic ocean (Barents, Laptev, Chukchi, Kara, East Siberian, Greenland,
Beaufort seas). That is to say, the large area situated north of the main
lands of Europe, Asia, North America.
- Or a peri Arctic region (highest effective administrative level) mainly
situated north of 60°00N.
2-To be valid the settlements and the peri Arctic regions must be listed
Arctic Challenge Entities list source
1- To be valid an island :
- Must be situated at sea (inland islands are not valid)
- Must be completely or partially situated north of 60°00N
- Must belong to an IOTA
Polar institute headquarters
National polar institute headquarters of the nations working in the Arctic
are qualified for the Arctic Challenge.
1- To be valid a polar ship :
- Must be a supply ship, a research ship, a navy ship or an icebreaker
- Must have sailed north of 60°00N at least once.
2-QSO with the polar ship at any position are valid.
Arctic Challenge Directory
Challenge Entities list source
Page update : April 2nd
2017 - Mehdi F5PFP