alt : Please download flash-plugin
Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com

French flag Martin de Vivies Station / Amsterdam Island - TAAF TAAF flag

Latitude : 37°48 S
Longitude : 77°34 E Logo Google Earth

Time : UTC +5  
00:12:01


Martin de Vivies Station is a permanent scientist station built in 1949 on the North coast of Amsterdam Island.
In the first place named Camp Heurtin, then la Roche Godon in 1961, in 1972 the station was finally named after Paul de Martin de Vivies, who along with 10 others spent the winter of 1949 on the island.


Credits : Information by Michel Margaria F6DWQ. Pictures by Mehdi Escoffier F5PFP, Dominique Filippi, Michel Margaria F6DWQ, Alan Brice Rousset, Andre Treguer.
Music : L'affaire Louis' Trio - Mobilis en mobile - Mobilis en mobile / Barclay 1993