alt : Please download flash-plugin
Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com

Soviet union flag Russian flag Mirny Station / Antarctica Russian flag

Latitude : 66°33 S
Longitude : 93°01 E

Time : UTC +6

Mirny is one of the permanent station and was opened in 1956 by the first Soviet antarctic expedition.

It is used as the main supply base of Vostok which is situated 1400 km of the coast.

Concerning the scientific activities, main areas of research are marine biology, cosmic radiation studies, glaciology and seismology.


Credits : Information by Russian Antarctic Programme. Pictures by miscellaneous.
Music : Sur les docks - Live in Gordon Hôtel - La valse des dockers / 2008